Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Freedom is a Place at the Unexplored Reaches of the Sea



The subtle rasping of life's little industrial-grade file seems to be doing it's darnedest to clear the tougher spots on my thick skin. I have written very little in the past week; maybe a thousand words. I have been in the market for some good ol' fashion CHANGE and I believe that I've been dealt it in spades. So, I guess I do not write well in the presence of spades.

The long view is that change will make me better. The short view? "This sucks." Despite all the melancholy, I am struggling to guard the inward part of me. The part that feels and the part that develops my world-view. I am working hard to take a path unpaved, and maybe, "unblazed". This is the path crowded by many of these rasps, all reaching to break-off callus and calcification. Making soft what was hard, and making me free.

I read an article recently about "Wealth vs. Anything Else" in which you have two options: Freedom or Comfort. Guess which one it recommended?

So, I am hopping back into the writing saddle and riding that Freedom pony into the sunset.

Sorry about the mixed metaphors.

No comments:

Post a Comment