Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Young Bucks, Dollars and Sense.


As I am writing through the next Jim Harper Fantasy Western, Sky Rift, I realize that I am going to make decisions that I cannot undo. For instance, were I to give Jim a scar, I would need to take said scar into account anytime I am "looking" at him in the book. If I were to give him a gatling gun for an arm, washing the dishes could get frustrating. Well, folks, I am about to pull that trigger. I am about to lay down a whole system of technology, and I am not really sure how I feel about it. It's a massive commitment.

I am looking for a name for this technology, and the closest that I've come is Soul Tech. Yep, sounds stupid, but what was meant to be a temporary name has grown dear to my heart. But, it isn't within the framework of the story/world.  So, I am looking for a name for this system of antiquated tech.

I have not officially started the audio work yet for the audio book... And I realize that I probably won't get to due to a short week. I am heading to sunny California. Research, you know...

Thanks to all who have written a review for Brimstone Deep. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment