Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Littlest Willing To Do What The Biggest Won't.

Comfort is overrated. Yet, we'll move heaven and earth to get it. Undervalued is pressure, overlooked is confrontation and undesirable is conflict. These things mold us into our 'better selves', laying tracks for our destiny into undiscovered country of healthy and happy. This is true of ourselves, our characters in fiction, of the people in documentaries and news coverage. We are actually attracted to the things that change us, but, we'd rather have others go through these trials.

The conflict is not the trial itself, but how we deal with it. How we choose to let the conflict change us, how we will allow ourselves to feel in those times can determine the speed at which we deal with it.

I will ask myself, "How willing to mature am I?" or "Am I willing to look stupid?" or "Am I willing to be wrong?"
My answer to these questions can determine the time spent in that conflict. Sometimes the answers bring the call to action that is needed. Sometimes I set the fire, and sometimes it sets me.

Free. 

What if I can write this into my characters as it is being written into me? How can I cause a reader to feel the weight of the conflict, the edge of emotion, the freedom of being shaped by the pressure?


If you have read Brimstone Deep, please leave a review here!


No comments:

Post a Comment