Monday, June 23, 2014

Butter In My Coffee and Other Tales of Suspense

I am currently on the Bulletproof coffee bandwagon and have been for about a month. The simple reason is health. I like coffee and I like butter. And I am being encouraged to like them together. I am not hardcore, as I do not actually buy any of the Bulletproof products, but I am putting grass-fed butter and coconut oil in there. So, in about two more months, I will make a judgment as to whether or not, butter in my coffee does, in fact, promote good health. Even if it does not, I think I'll continue to put concentrated oils (sounds silly when I say it this way) in my morning coffee.

As to writing, I am at a real crossroads. I have been writing (rewriting) a story for my children for several years and am going to kill my darlings. I lose track of the story with these characters, and frankly, I believe they deserve their own book. So, as much as I hate the idea, my band of outcast mercenaries with the hearts of a gold-ish substance must be stricken from the record. For now. Here are the reasons:
1. My story is aimed at mid-grade readers; these characters make it much more mature.
2. It bisects my story beyond what I believe I can handle as a writer.
3. I am beginning to picture another world for these characters altogether.

Ok, so maybe I am not really killing them, but they have been a part of this story in my mind and my children's imaginations for so long that I am concerned that we will miss them in this context.

If any of you have read my ebook Brimstone Deep recently, and have had any detectable emotion about it, please consider leaving a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment