Friday, June 27, 2014

Prepping for Nanowrimo

Yeah, I know it's early. But, I work full-time and write in my spare time. For those of you who are not familiar with National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo), it is 30 days of daily writing with the goal of 50,000 words by the last day. November is the month and yes, I am already preparing.

50,000 is not too bad if I have nothing else to do, but I have a sizable family, community and work responsibilities, not to mention other types of self-imposed projects. Just because I have 1667 words to crank out, does not mean that my four- and seven-year-old "will understand" why daddy is not making eye-contact and paying attention to all the concerns of their little worlds. I'll never look back from my last moments and think, "I sure wish that I spent less time with my kids and more time honing my writing skills.

Anyway, I will be posting two exceptional options later on and track my progress through this blog. I would love to have a vote between the two options and write it based upon reader votes. I'll keep everyone posted.

If any of you have had a chance to read my short ebook, please leave a review here. I thrive on these reviews. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment