Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Intuitive Writing and Transitional Housing

I have been encountering a really neat scenario while writing. It's happened several times and find it to be really fun. From time to time, I will through something into a story without any research. After, establishing the workings of the idea, the name of an individual or whatever, I'll do a little research and find that: The name of the milieu or character means or gives foreshadowing or purpose to the character's story arc; There was a character or event similar around the same time; How the parts of the story interact with each other are actually true.

It reminds me of Tolkien's essay On Fairy-Stories, where he deals with the idea of sub-creation. At least, that's what I took from the essay. It may have been about anything for what I can remember.

So, I am the director of a non-profit in my city designed to help people's immediate needs as well as direct them toward longer term process. I am thinking about setting up a fund for our next endeavor: Transitional Housing. We have talked about this for several years but, done little to get this rolling. Now, however, we may have a solution. Cargo Container Homes. This may sound funny initially, but it is a low cost option and is rather trendy. Hit Google and check it out. Let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

Also, if you have any feedback regarding my ebook Brimstone Deep, please leave a review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment